Tuesday, August 15

theferrett goes to germany.

theferrett delivers. on germany!.

"I have hard proof that there are cultures that don't give a shit about the USA; as it turns out they really do prefer to speak German when we're not around. ...There is a feeling of age here, so pervasive that you begin to feel callow for coming from such a new and raw country. "

he also mentioned, "Ah, we know about the fairytale castle but have no interest - not only is it a "for show" castle, but apparently they rush you through the whole thing for an exorbitant fee. We'd rather go see the fun stuff for free!"

then some others noted, " The total apathy towards US culture really let me learn to blend in and LEARN...The walking route you've noted up there is what my German host parents used to call "eine Bummel" - a stroll. The first time they asked me if I felt like "going for a stroll", I had no idea that their idea of strolling included several miles of hiking!

I miss Germany so much. Thanks for sharing your adventure. It's giving me a little case of Heimweh, but it's making me grin like a fool, too."


i say, "ditto." enjoy trailing along his thoughts and little discoveries and epiphanies. it reinforces the idea that travel (in the purest sense of the word) Changes; travel Kneads one's self. not necessarily all positive, but that isnt the point.


[on the train towards Fussen] the scene just Before I Clicked was better.

serendipitous how my favourite, and more eloquent, blogger actually goes off to germany right after us, lending me another wonderful perspective into the country, extending my internal meandering a little longer, letting me 'stay' within that sphere longer.

No comments: